RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES OFFICE
The RDSO envisions to contribute to the upliftment of man’s living conditions encompassing his well-being and environment through research and development services.
The RDSO is committed to respond, undertake and promote scientific researches in industrial technology, agro-based industries, education, engineering, humanities, science and arts needed for the development and progress of Pampanga and its environs.
- Promotion and development of new knowledge in science and technology among the various Colleges of the University;
- Extension of developed new knowledge and technologies for improving the quality of life in areas served by the University; and
- Creation of a proactive and productive research culture that encourages the conduct of scientific and scholarly research
- Commercialization of completed Research and Development projects.
- Reinforcement of DHVTSU linkages through timely and relevant Research and Development programs.
To set the research and development directions and structure along science and technology;
- To develop the research capabilities of faculty members;
- To establish research linkages for funding assistance;
- To utilize resources in all colleges/campuses of the University for production, income-generation, and self-sustenance;
- To strengthen the existing curricular programs through student and faculty researches;
- To extend developed knowledge and technologies to industries and rural communities; and
- To undertake research studies based on the University Research and Development Agenda, the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Priority Research Area, Department of Science and Technology (DOST) Research and Development Priority Agenda, and others.
- Formulate, implement, monitor, and reformulate the Research and Development Agenda;
- Conduct continuous orientation, training, and seminar/workshops on research for faculty and students;
- Work out technical and funding assistance from the DOST, CHED and other local and foreign agencies;
- Use research outputs for production and income- generating projects to generate additional income for the University;
- Serve as a clearing house of salient research findings and information for dissemination to both internal and external users;
- Transfer developed technologies through trainings and seminar workshops to communities and industries;
- Commercialize matured technologies;
University Research Extension & Training (URET) is the core coordinating body in monitoring & evaluating the implementation of the various research, extension & training programs & projects. It enlists the assistance of technical experts when & where necessary.
All researches & trainings conducted by faculty & students should conform with the university thrusts geared toward government priority projects
reflective & responsive to the development needs & objectives of the university in its service areas;
- identify specific research programs & activities based on identified priorities, such as:
- Alternative Source of Energy
- Bio-Tech Products
- Metals and Engineering
- Information and Communication
- Curriculum Development
- Cultural Development and Preservation
- all research undertakings should compliment research initiatives of other agencies;
(i.e. DOST, CLIERDEC, CHED etc.)
- implement monitoring of research programs;
- evaluate, recommend and support research outputs dissemination.